Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pinterest Projects

 Last fall, I found pinterest.com.  It is quite a fun website, if you haven't found it yet you should check it out.  I have made several projects from it.  I thought I would post some pictures of the projects that I have made.

The first is roman shades. This tutorial shows how to make them using cheap walmart blinds as the structure:

They were relatively easy to make, but I learned that you can't line them because that hurts the mechanism.  Plus, when I was done, they didn't "pop" like the ones above.  I can't figure that out, any ideas?
I saw this wreath and just loved it.  It is from a different website, but the tutorial is here
I had to figure a place where I needed a wreath, but I found a place in my bedroom.  Here is how mine turned out.
This is how it fits into the room.
 Just for fun, and not at all related to Pinterest, I just got this couch for my bedroom too.  I can sit on it and read and look out the window (and watch the dog run in circles).  Cute, huh?
Back to pinterest...
I liked this wreath really well, so I made it for decor in our lake house.  It is all the time decor there, not just a Christmas wreath.

Here is my wreath.  It is in the green color scheme.
One more project.  I saw on the mantle of the girl that I VT a cute framed saying.  I had to make my own- so here it is with a couple of pictures on the wall at the lake house.
There were a few other projects that I started and they failed, but you don't get to see those.  It has been fun to try some new things.

2 comments:

Juliana S said...

Very cute.

Julia said...

These are great! I love the roman shades!