I hope you had a great Easter weekend. We had a good and very busy weekend. Here the kids are all dressed up for church. They felt the sun was really bright, so they couldn't open their eyes.
This is what they really wanted to do with their eyes.
As for the rest of the weekend, Joe got Good Friday off from work, and the kids got it off from school (I love that they do that here) so we spent Friday and Saturday at the land. Joe wanted to replace some of the siding boards from the bottom of the lake house in preparation for it getting painting. He also had to move some electrical wires and rewire a few things... Anyway, when he pulled the old rotting boards out he found:
TERMITES! He was pretty upset. Since he could see the extent of the damage and was replacing some of the boards anyway, he pulled out all the insulation and another layer of boards and spray treated it all himself. It was a huge project and took most of Friday and half of Saturday.Meanwhile, on Saturday morning, the kids wanted to do an Easter egg hunt. Since we weren't going to be home, we missed the church's Easter egg hunt and the neighborhood one. I did what I did last year and gave the kids a few bags of candy and a bag full of plastic eggs and let them fill the eggs themselves. Then they got to hide the eggs, then they all got to find them. They love doing it, and I love letting them.
Adam and Nate got bored after two rounds of it, but Ellie and Michael continued until all the candy was used up. ( I found a bag of candy corn from Halloween and they got to use that too). Unfortunately, Sup enjoyed finding the eggs too.
Finally Joe finished his project. Here is an intermediate picture, I didn't get a finished one, but maybe I can get one after it is painted.
The weather was perfect, so we all got our swimsuits on and got in the big boat and went out to the lake. The big boat is SO MUCH NICER than the old one, even though the lake was super busy and really choppy from all the waves, the boat handled it well. We went off to an alcove (the island was 3 boats deep with people) and swam off the end of the boat. It was nice outside, but a little cold in the water so I mostly stayed on the boat. The kids really enjoyed swimming. Then we went up to a big bridge across the water and went fishing.
After all of that, we were exhausted, so we came home and crashed. It was really a great weekend though.
No comments:
Post a Comment