Last week we had the school Christmas parties. It was all on one day, and pretty much an all-day affair to get to all of them. Michael's was first. They had donuts for their party. They had fun games.
Michael's teacher is one of the few male teachers at the school. He also is a grandpa, he has a grandchild who is in Michael's grade. He dressed up like Santa, and the kids really enjoyed that.Michael's whole class.
Nate's was next. I didn't know about it until I went to pick him up. I'm sure it was my fault, I feel like I am so out of the loop as far as what he is doing, I probably should pay more attention, but he hates to bring his folder to school and I don't fight him about it. Anyway, his teacher had them sing a cute song and we had lunch, it was really nice.
Then was Ellie's. They had pizza. This is her teacher, Mrs. Coogler. Even though we had just had lunch at Nate's party, he still ate three pieces of pizza at Ellie's class. Most of the kids in her class only had one.
Finally was Adam's. He was embarrassed that we were there. There were very few parents there, so I can see why. He also had pizza and was very excited because the only soda they offered was Coke or Dr. Pepper. He was happy to have his first can of non caffeine-free Coke. Ellie and Nate decided they were hungry too and ate a piece of pizza there. At Adam's school they went to their 4 core teachers and did an activity in each class. It was very structured and pretty boring, I felt a little bad for the kids. It was nice to see how Adam fits in with the kids in his classroom and to watch his teachers interact with the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment