This morning I had a Young Women's training meeting, but Santa was doing a breakfast for our neighborhood. I begged Joe and he consented to take the kids to see Santa. (Shockingly I didn't have to beg that hard). He even made a special trip back to get the camera when he was 2/3 the way there and had forgotten it. I feel very lucky!
Nate wasn't afraid of Santa this year, he fully believes. He asked Santa for Legos.
Ellie was informed about Santa by her cousin last year, and she wasn't sure if the intel she got was good until her cousin got in big trouble for telling her, then she knew that the story she heard must be true. Nevertheless, she still told Santa she wanted makeup for Christmas. (I'm pretty sure lip gloss counts as makeup for her).Near as any of us can figure out (without out-right asking) Michael still believes. He has been really tricky this year, we keep asking him what he wants and he says he doesn't know. He does know he wants an Ipod touch, but he has given up on asking because he knows we won't consent to letting him have one. So when I got home from my meeting I asked him what he told Santa he wanted. He replied that Santa didn't ask him what he wanted. ARGH! I told him then perhaps Santa wouldn't bring him anything, but he didn't believe me. I really don't want to just get him what Adam wants, my parents did that for me a few times and I didn't appreciate it, but I have NO IDEA what to get him.
Adam was not willing to sit on Santa's lap. He did consent to take a group picture. I asked him what he would have asked Santa for if he could and he said he didn't know. I threatened then that Santa wouldn't bring him anything and he said that was fine. Stinker is too smart for his own good. The other day he was visibly upset because he couldn't think of anything that he wanted for Christmas. Then he came up with a list that included things like a hatchet (really?) and an inflatable boat so he could float down the nearby river (um, you aren't old enough).
Well, Christmas is looking promising for Nate and Ellie- as for Adam and Michael, well...it remains to be seen!
2 comments:
That's a different Santa! But the same green chair...
I thought this post was so funny! Probably because it's one I can relate to so well.
You could always buy your boys different but similar spy gear. I'm doing that for my boys this year. They love to play spy, and I could see your boys playing on your property with walkie-talkies, spy watches, binoculars, hatchets, etc., etc. (Just kidding about the hatchets.)
Post a Comment