Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ellie's Winter Dance Recital

Ellie has continued to do dance this year.  At the beginning of the year she told me several times that she didn't like dance and that she wanted to quit.  I quickly decided that I didn't want to fight her to do it this year, so I told her that as soon as the month I had paid for was over, she could quit.  She went to dance that day and loved it, so after dance she wanted to still do it.  That happened for a few weeks.  Then one day she said she wanted to do dance until after the recital that they have matching costumes for.  That recital is in June, so I said, sure we could do it until then.
 
Anyway, she is in a 7-8 class.  Most of the girls are older than her, but there are handful that are turning 7 this year who were in her class last year.  She seems to like it more because they are moving a little faster and the dance moves are a little more complicated.  She is in three classes ballet, tap and jazz.  The holiday recital is a little bit informal, so they just have the girls wear something cute that is red and green.  This is what we came up with for Ellie.


 The day of the recital was super busy- we had the ward Christmas party, immediately followed by the boys playing a game of basketball, then Ellie had a gymnastics camp she could go to, and after that she had her recital.  I knew we wouldn't be home to take pictures of her, so we took pictures earlier in the week.  The day of the recital, we also put some makeup on her.
 Her jazz dance was first.  I don't know if it was more complicated or if it was just because it was the first dance that she did, but she was a little nervouse for the first dance.  By the third dance, she was quite a bit more confident with a big smile on her face.  The last dance was ballet and she did it great!


It was fun to watch her, and it was also fun because her cousin, Emma, takes dance at the same place so we could watch her in several of the other dances.

1 comment:

Juliana S said...

Very cute and so gronw up!