Monday, March 2, 2009

Juliana and Nate

I went to Vegas for a few days with just Nate and Ellie. I was very excited, to be able to go with just two kids was quite a vacation for me. While we were there, Nate got to see his cousin Juliana. She is exactly one month older than him.
Nate, however, weighs about 4 pounds more. He is about the same height, give or take 1/2".
We thought that they might interact, but they mostly kept to themselves, sometimes looking at each other, or stealing a toy, but that is it. Juliana was far more mobile than Nate...he can crawl forward a few feet, then he gives up, but she can get wherever she wants.
Nate ate a lot better than her (that can account for the extra pounds!)
The plane rides were okay, on the way out, the kids were really tired and the plane was not full so I got my own row. We all caught a nap. On the way back it was a little more eventful: The highlights were: 1- Nate sticking half of a nutrigrain bar into his mouth and then gagging and choking because it was too big to chew and it was stuck to the roof of his mouth so he couldn't spit it out.... and 2- Ellie refusing to pee on the potty while all three of us were crammed into the airplane bathroom because she was afraid there were barking dogs in it (it made a noise I think...?), and me trying patiently to explain to her that there was no other option. We survived and as we were leaving, the guy next to me said he thought the kids were overall good, considering their age. (He also said I got the short end of the stick having to fly alone with them...but that was shortly after the choking incident). Oh well, it was well worth it to get to see my family and relax a little without all of the crazies to keep me busy.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

They could be twins...they look so much alike! It looks like you had a great time.

We're excited to have Ellie back for school tomorrow and I promise we have no dogs in our toilet!!

The Girly Girls said...

I call my kids "crazies" too!

Kim said...

Juliana's really cute!