Sunday, November 15, 2009

Grandpa and Grammie's Visit

My folks came to visit last weekend and stayed until Wednesday. It was a very busy trip, and I feel like I am just now recovering. We spent the first two days working at our house on our property. My dad is an electrician, so he helped Joe figure out what wires went to what upstairs, and they moved a few electrical boxes and installed several lights. My mom helped me to paint and clean all of the cupboards in the kitchen. I had started that job a couple of weeks before and was already overwhelmed by it...they were so dirty and needed so much work. By the time they left, though, it was pretty much done, and they look so much better (plus I feel like if I put a clean dish into one, it will come out clean).
My dad with Ellie and Nate.
Joe and my Dad installing lights in the metal building.
My mom helping me clean out the drawers from the kitchen:
While we worked, the boys rode their 4-wheelers. There is a pile of dirt there that was for some project that never got done, and the boys love to ride over it really quickly.
That works really well until a midget decides to stand on the top:
...in fact, that is Nate's favorite place to play out there. He will stand there until the boys come right up to him on their 4-wheelers then he giggles and walks out of the way.
Ellie found another use for the 4-wheeler:

We had a good time with my parents. After I dropped them off at the airport, Ellie cried the whole way home because she wanted to spend more time "playing" with grandpa and grammie.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Love when the g-mas and g-pas come to visit! It's so funny to see you all in t-shirts and shorts. We're FREEZING up here.

Juliana S said...

Wonder what your dad was thinking. He seems to have a bright lightbulb idea right over his head.