The boy's school has an annual storybook parade. It is their replacement for
dressing up for Halloween. The kids are supposed to pick their favorite storybook character and dress like them, then they make a parade through the school (playing the most obnoxious music very loudly) and they each hold up the book showing their character. In the past we have picked a costume we had on hand and find a book that matches. Michael was very happy to do this, and he picked the red Power Ranger.

Adam, however, was concerned that he pick a character from his FAVORITE book like the directions state. His current favorite book is Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and the character looks like this:

I tried to recreate the look, complete with the three strands of hair sticking up in the back: (which, unfortunately, is hard to see with the light coming through the door)

As you can probably tell, Adam was unsure about the hairdo. I suggested he wear it and I would comb it down after the parade. By the time the parade came around, he was very upset about it and he slunk along....

I pulled him aside, and combed it down, and then he was starting to feel a little better..with his teacher and friend Jack...
Ahhh...there's the smile...with Jack, Bryce and Blaine.

I wish that I could take all of that social anxiety away from him, and help him to realize that people don't notice as much as he thinks they do....one of those
life's lessons he will just have to learn as he grows up....
2 comments:
I liked the hair sticking up Adam; it made you look more like your favorite character. But you look so cute either way.
Michael looked good, too, but would have been great to see his face. LV grammie
I keep meaning to tell you that we must have the same taste in music because the songs on your playlist are some of my favorites!!!
Post a Comment