Friday, November 6, 2009

My sweet boys

Today was awards day at the boys school. Adam did really well and got straight A's. Poor thing has begun to worry about whether he will get straight A's, and although I want him to do his best and be grade conscious, I really don't want a second grader to fret about it (he'll have plenty of time for that later). He was worried because some of the grades he got on his assignments were in the 80's...and I had to explain to him about averages. I think he almost grasped it, its pretty complex for a 7 year old. He also got all exceptional in citizenship, so he got an award for that. They had a special breakfast this morning for him, and then a little awards ceremony in his class. I am very proud of how hard he works!

Adam with his teacher, Ms. Machos.


Michael got a perfect report card, but they do not do grades in kindergarten, so there was no "straight A's for him." What they do do at our school is induct kids into the "Hall of Fame" for good behaviour. They are given special stars if they are caught doing something exceptional and when they get a certain number of stars, they get their picture on the wall in the hall and they are inducted into the hall of fame. Then they have a special ceremony where the kids all march around and everyone cheers for them. It is very cute! I'm proud of Michael for being a good kid so he could get his stars!

I sure love my boys!

No comments: