Saturday, August 20, 2011

Everything In Texas is Bigger

...even the spiders. This beauty was found outside near our garden. I looked up while I was weeding and then quickly moved away. This is the underside, he is upside down on his web.

Reference to see how big he is.

Close up...look at those pinchers:

ugh.


3 comments:

Brigette Little said...

We had one of these in our garden last year - BEST THING EVER! It stayed in one spot, so I knew where it was, and it ate every harmful bug that came along. They plants it was near were my healthiest by far. Throw something alive in its web - you'll be amazed at how fast it can wrap it up. The kids named ours Charlotte. :)

sheena said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gross!
Our neighbors have one hanging just outside their upstairs window, we can see it from our house and Elsie has to check on it EVERY DAY! They are GIANT!!!