Friday, December 1, 2017

The Vatican

One of our stops in Rome was at the Vatican. We had no idea what to expect.  It was beautiful and there was a lot of art to see, but so much of it was fresco, and I realized that I don't have a great appreciation for fresco.  The Vatican tour was a lot longer than expected and Ellie was super tired halfway through it.



Art the beginning of the tour we worked our way through the museum collections of the Vatican. It seemed a little weird that the Vatican would have such things, especially the mummies and some of the statues.



The staircase at the Vatican is so beautiful!







When we went in the Sistine Chapel I took a selfie before I read all three signs that sauce out was forbidden. Oops!



  Many of the male statue had their male parts taken of our coveted with a leaf.


No comments: