Friday, January 29, 2010

Farewell for a while to some great friends!

This week, our dear friends, the Dibbs, moved to Australia. They are there for Brian's work for a year to two years. I just wanted to write a little post about what great friends they have been, well, because they have.
Those of you who are married know how difficult it is to find friends who both the husband and the wife can get along with. Even if you can find agreement there, it is another step of difficulty to find friends whose kids are compatible with yours in age and temperament. We lucked out and found that with the Dibbs. Probably because Kim is more like Joe and I am more like Brian, so we complemented each other well...it worked well for us, especially since both Joe and I have strong, sometimes polarizing personalities. We eventually became quite comfortable as friends that we could say what we felt without fear of what they would think of us (okay, Joe does that already, but I got to that point).
Living so far from home, we can't just rely on our family to help us out when things come up, so our friends become our family. There are times when you really have to rely a lot more on your friends than you would normally rely on others, and we have many times used the Dibbs generosity for that. Anyway, I just wanted to say good luck to Brian and Kim on their very exciting adventures. I know that you will have such great experiences. Thanks for being such great friends!

4 comments:

Kim said...

We already miss you guys a ton! Hopefully we can meet some great people here too...and is Joe grabbing Brian's butt in this pic?!

Kim said...

I just looked closer at the pic...I clearly see Joe's hand- so no butt-grabbing going on...

Koni Frost said...

wow! You guys are A LOT closer friends than I thought!


:)

It's so hard to leave (or be left by) close friends. :(
We'll miss the Dibbs too.

Texas Harveys said...

Doesn't everyone just love the Dibbs? By the way, your cabin is amazing! I'm so happy for you guys!