
Yesterday, while we were at Joann's checking out, the lady had to go check a price. It was taking her forever, so Nate and Ellie decided to start playing in the bins behind me at the register.
They seemed harmless so I didn't pay too close attention to them. Finally the cashier figured out the right price for the item (it probably took 5 minutes) and I helped the kids to put away the things they had pulled out of the bins and we left. Later that afternoon, I saw Ellie pulling something out of her pocket. I looked and found that she had a bunch of these pink heart erasers. I asked her where she got them and she explained that she took them out of one
of the plastic
ziploc bags at the store and then put them in her pocket. I gave her a lecture about it and told her she was going to have to go back and pay for them.
This morning, before we left, I had her go get her wallet. I was surprised at how much money she had in it, but I looked through and pulled out a $5 bill since I wasn't sure the price of the erasers, but I knew they would be less than $5. I gave the money to her to hold and she said, "only one?" (That should have been my first clue).
We went to the store and explained to the cashier and she was able to ring up the item so Ellie could pay. It was only a$1, but with tax, it came to $1.08 so she gave her her $5 bill. As the cashier counted out and gave her her change Ellie's face lit up. When we got in the car, Ellie said to me, "Look Mom, I got more money- 3 instead of 1!"
Lesson NOT learned....
2 comments:
So next time you'll take all her dimes, nickels, pennies?
OMH!! That is awesome, and exactly how Silas would take that lesson. He prefers coins to paper money.
Post a Comment