When Joe decided to come back to his old job in Houston, he negotiated a signing bonus, and we decided since we would be in our house for a few more years to invest in upgrading the bathrooms which have been the same for the 15+ years since we built the house. The bathrooms all had dark tan tile and walls with cultured marble countertops. We replaced all the tile, including in the showers, refinished the cabinets, changed the lights and the mirrors and in the master bathroom, we also replaced the shower enclosure. It was a lot more work than we thought it would be, but we had workers do it, with the exception of the refinishing of the cabinets in the master bathroom. I bought new cabinet faces, but I bought birch faces and the original faces were oak. Then I sanded the oak faces down and had to figure out how to match the birch faces to the sanded down oak faces. It was tricky, but I was eventually successful in making it happen.
This is the master bathroom before renovations (and before cleaning).
And in the middle, when we were sanding everything down. It created so much dust in the whole house!
The finished master. We did penny tile around the tub.
Incidentally, it is the same penny tile as we used in the Cedar Hill Ranch master shower to update it. The window got broken in the renovation process and it took a little longer to fix than everything else.

The master shower. Notice the fun tile on the floor of the shower.

The commode. We put textured wood on the back wall and painted it dark blue and then hung floating shelves. This is one of my favorite things about the bathroom.

We even added wainscoting to the wall, which I think added a lot of personality to the room.
The smaller bathroom upstairs. This one was especially bad before, so the renovation really made all the difference for it.
This is the half bath downstairs. I have wanted to do something dramatic in there for a while, and Joe has always wanted to have a black room. We painted the wainscoting black and added gold accents. It ended up super fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment