Saturday, February 22, 2025

Book Club

The other day I decided that I wanted to get a book club t-shirt.  I then did the math in my head and realized that I had been in the same book club for over 20 years.  No one else has been in the book club as long as me, but there have been many women that have been in there a super long time. Since I had been in the longest I decided to get a book club t-shirt! 
Book club has been so great for me.  Over the years not only have I read a lot of books, some that I absolutely love, but also some that I would never have read on my own- but I have made some really good friends in the process.  Our book club is one of the few I know that has been really successful.  We actually read the books and discuss them. Usually we all generally like the same books, but some times we have people who don't like the book and then we have a lively discussion.  It used to be a good excuse to get away from the little kids when I felt like I was drowning in them and needed some adult interactions without them.  I have made great friends through the book club, that I have grown to love. It has been such a great part of my life, and I am very grateful that I can be part of such a great group!

 

No comments: