The first thing you do before you can register at Texas A&M is go to new student conferences. There they have meetings that tell you about the school, but they also have you meet with counselors and by the time you leave, you have your schedule for the first semester all ready to go. Parents are invited to this. I didn't know this and didn't go with Adam (Covid) or Michael, so the first new student conference I went was with Ellie. She made sure that she signed up to go at the same time as her friend Taylor, so I had a friend that I could sit with at the parent sessions.
We also went and got some gear together as well as Crumbl cookies.
We stayed the night in the dorms. That was probably the worst part of the whole thing, but we wanted to have the full new student conference experience. It did let us know that Ellie was going to need a bed topper and a nice pillow before she started sleeping in that bed.



No comments:
Post a Comment