Sunday, October 25, 2020

Dropping Adam off at A&M

Adam moved out and moved into his dorm at TAMU on August 13.  The other three kids had started their online classes the day before, so they all stayed behind to do their work.  Since it was covid-19, Adam had to set an appointment to check in so that all students were not checking in at the same time.  He left a lot of packing and cleaning to the night before and morning of.  Then Ashlyn came over to help him finish his packing and to say goodbye.  He finally got all of his stuff and said goodbye, and we took off.  College Station is a mere 1.5 hours away.  We drove up there with pleasant conversation along the way.  We unpacked his stuff, then set out to Walmart to get some things that he needed.  We also found the health center so he could take his allergy shots in, and went to lunch.  We went to the institute, but it was locked with a big sign on the door that said "closed," but it didn't say anyone to contact or when meeting times would be.  That was quite disappointing.  Adam also didn't have a roommate.  He had originally had a roommate, but a few weeks before school started, his roommate decided to stay home and do as many remote classes as he could.  So Adam moved in to a dorm without anyone else in the room.  A few weeks later, he did end up getting a roommate, so that was good.






A few days later I found this mouse he left in the car.
Even crazier, when I got home I found he had left a load of laundry in the dryer.  He said he had enough clothes so I got rid of them, but it was just part of the way the kid rolled.

 It was really hard to drive away.  It was especially hard because I knew it was going to be hard for Adam since he didn't have any friends there and he was going to have to make new friends.  It continued to hit me every once in a while for many many weeks, I would tear up whenever I thought about him being gone.  It takes a while to adjust to your first born leaving I guess.

No comments: