Saturday, November 6, 2021

Girls Camp

Because of Covid, the great ruiner of all things good, girls camp was canceled in 2020.  We were able to do it in 2021, but there was a lot of decisions leading up to camp as to whether they would require masks and how many people could gather together and how they would sleep "safely."  When it came down to it, they finally decided to have no restrictions, but if the girls wanted to wear masks or do things to help them prevent covid, then they could do that.  Luckily, it worked out, there were no reported cases of covid and no breakouts after camp. 
We had camp at Camp Holy Wild which was in Kingwood, about a half hour drive away.  It was fun.  Ellie got to be a youth leader which meant she got to hang in a tent with all the girls her age, plan fun activities and have less rules.  She said that she decided before camp that she was going to have fun, and because of her better attitude, she did have fun!
I got to go as a late add-on in the function of ward girls camp director.  I do really enjoy girls camp, and I feel like I am good at it because I don't get too serious about the rules and I can be patient with the girls that struggle at camp.  Every time I go to camp I find that there is a lot of mental illness struggles with the youth in our ward/stake.  Turns out we are all dealing with something.
Ellie's skit the first day.
Everyone in Spring Trails Ward
Ellie and Ava
Another picture of Spring Trails Ward
All the girls at camp
Our ward leaders


 

No comments: