Adam's room as he was in the process of moving out.
When Adam moved out to college, we cleaned out his room and Michael moved into his room. That gave Nate his own room. We decided, with all the moving, it was a good time to update our carpet. Once the carpet was updated, I realized that I hadn't done anything to the gameroom for quite a while. We had the gameroom, Michael and Nate's rooms painted. Then I cleaned out a lot of things the kids had just grown out of in the gameroom. I painted the cupboards over the computer upstairs so that they matched the walls better. It was nice to get a little update upstairs.Gameroom after the paint but before the new carpet.
I also painted the walls and ceilings in my room. After I did that, I realized that I didn't like the color of our furniture with the new carpet and wall colors, and so I went ahead and refinished all of the furniture in our bedroom. I didn't want to just get new furniture because Joe had built the bed for us, and I really liked it.
The bed color before. Joe had put a special finish on that showed off the curly maple he had picked for the wood. Over time it had turned more orange.
I started with the back of the headboard to make sure that I could actually do it, and not ruin the bed.I also had to do the nightstands, the dresser, the "naughty chair" and the frame on the mirror above our dresser.
I thought I would use the old hardware on the dresser, but when I got done I found that I liked different ones better. I bought several at first to see what looked best.
The finished bed with the new quilt I made over quarantine.
The new dresser, the mirror wasn't done yet.
It was a lot of work, but because of covid, all of my classes were online and I had more free time so I found having something to do was very helpful to my sanity. I was very pleased with the outcoome.
No comments:
Post a Comment